DEWALT DC330K Jig Saw Kit: Switches Blades Like No Other
The major selling point for me about the DEWALT Jig Saw Kit is its easy blade change system. This jig saw system utilizes a blade clamp with a one of a kind lever action system. I can switch from one blade to the next without any major hassles. This DEWALT jig saw just makes my work a lot easier.
Of course, this is not the only benefit that I am able to garner out of this handy table saw jig. I have used it quite extensively so I am aware of its capabilities and its limits. The manufacturers will send you a complete system but it may not exactly have all the blades you prefer to use so there might come a time when you will need to buy the extra jig saw blades in case it is not included in your standard blade set.
What I Loved About this Jig Saw
- CUTS CORNERS AND CURVES LIKE NO OTHER: The cutting work I make using the DEWALT DC330K is slick and smooth. I can make really tight curves without any issues. I guess it’s due to the unit’s blade guidance system – kudos to the guys who designed this thing.
- PACKS A LOT OF POWER: The usual problem I have with a cordless jigsaw is the fact that it runs out of juice too soon. I’m not even quite done yet with my cutting then the cordless just runs out of power on me. But not this one; I think this new kind of battery on this DEWALT will set some future trends.
- COMPACT DESIGN: The big advantage of cordless jig saws is that you don’t have the cord getting in the way of your work. Nevertheless, this DEWALT unit is more compact and easier to use compared to other competing brands.
- The DEWALT DC330K features the convenience of a cordless jig saw but it packs just about the same power of regular wired jig saws
- This DEWALT jig saw is battery powered and requires NICAD batteries; note that the package includes batteries when delivered
- This unit also features the patented XRP Extended-Life Battery System
- Other than its set of jig saw blades the package will also include the unit’s charger
- Click here for more product features
This jig saw from DEWALT is several notches above the competition. Nevertheless, I can mention a couple of downsides that other customers have noticed. First off, the batteries are not cheap. If you want to get a second back up battery, prepare to spend for it. The other downside that I have found is the fact that the blade on this saw kit does not release completely even after you pull the release lever. You still have to pull the thing to get it loose. In spite of these minor flaws, I still think that the DEWALT DC330K Heavy-Duty 18-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Top Handle Jig Saw Kit is a great tool for its price.
|Average customer review out of 47 reviews:|
Save up to $217.70!
35 user reviews
DEWALT DC330K Heavy-Duty 18-Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Top Handle Jig Saw Kit
With the DEWALT DC330K 18-volt cordless jigsaw, you don’t have to sacrifice power and performance for cordless convenience. The professional-quality DC330K has a variable-speed, high-performance motor that’s driven by DEWALT’s 18-volt battery system (one battery and a 1-hour charger included).
Power and Performance
With a speed range of 0-3,000 strokes per minute (SPM), the DC330K will cut straight and curves through virtually any building material, including solid wood, plywood, laminate countertops, plastic, metal, even nail-embedded wood. The all-metal keyless shoe bevel features detents at 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees, providing versatility for easy bevel cutting. And it’s packed full of professional features, including a full 1-inch blade stroke length, keyless lever-action blade clamp for easy blade changes, and a four-position, orbital-action switch that lets you match the cut quality and speed to the material.
Comfort and Convenience
The DC330K has a top-handle design for enhanced comfort and control, and it’s complemented by an anti-slip comfort grip. An adjustable blower keeps the cut line clear of chips. This jigsaw weighs 5.1 pounds.
DEWALT’s XRP Extended-Life Battery System
A tool’s only useful if it runs long enough to get the job done, and the DEWALT XRP extended run time batteries keep the DC330K running at full tilt. They provide up to 40 percent more run time than standard Ni-Cad batteries, and any XRP battery can be used with any 18-volt DEWALT tool, which allows you to expand your system by adding other DEWALT cordless tools (sold separately) as the demands of your job grow.
The DC330K comes with one 18-volt XRP battery and a 1-hour charger.
This DEWALT tool is backed by three-year limited warranty covering any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship (from the date of purchase). It’s also covered by DEWALT’s one-year free service contract, where DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use–for free.
What’s in the Box
DEWALT DC330K 18-volt cordless jigsaw; jig saw blades; kit box; operating instructions 8v XRP battery and 1 hour charger are included )
All-metal keyless shoe bevel with detents at 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees provides versatility for easy bevel cutting (view larger).